1 Kings 17:7-24
Do you ever feel unqualified, inadequate and as though you have nothing to give? As if you couldn’t possibly be capable of achieving something great for God? Well here’s the thing, you don’t need much to accomplish much. It only took a slingshot and a stone for one courageous child to vanquish something that hundreds of people were terrified o- a giant. Whatever you have is enough. You are enough.
It is not a matter of ability, but rather of willingness and faith.
If you’re ever feeling unqualified, inadequate, or as though you have nothing to give, just remember, God can use us all.
Although Moses’ speech was ineloquent he demanded the Pharaoh to release God’s people and they were freed. Moses stick was used to part the Red Sea and defeat the Pharaoh’s army. God used a stutter and a stick to do the impossible.
So know that you can be used and there’s plenty for God to use in you. All you have to do is give Him your best and He’ll do the rest. The pressure is off. Allow the Lord to work through you.
Feeling unqualified. inadequate, or as though you have nothing to give?
You’re in good company…
- Moses was a murderer and had a stuttering problem
- Amos’ only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning
- John Mark was rejected by Paul
- Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal
- David used a slingshot and a rock to kill a giant
- Samson used a jawbone to kill a thousand men
- A little boy used his lunch to feed over 5,000 people
- Peter was a fisherman who preached and 3000 came to Christ